Current Employment Opportunities
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role provides a range of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) services. The role manages GAWB's GIS applications & spatial system services, and provides technical support across data integration processes, to ensure the effectiveness of GAWB's GIS systems and services. The position also provides drawing support as required, ensuring the delivery of engineering drawings accords with Australian standards, GAWB's business processes and electronic drawing management systems.
This position represents an opportunity to join our Hatchery Team in our brand new, purpose-built facility. Reporting to the Hatchery Manager, the role provides operational assistance in the daily functioning of GAWB’s Hatchery and Fishery. The position includes undertaking routine tasks associated with the production of live food, larval and fingerlings to ensure GAWB meets the requirements of its Fisheries Management Plan and commercial objectives. Routine tasks include feeding and feed preparations, water testing, cleaning of tanks and operational areas, grading and manual handling of fingerlings and brood stock.
Vision, Mission and Values
GAWB's vision, mission and values are fundamental to everything we do.
Together delivering safe and reliable water services to enhance the livability of our region.
We are a leading water provider that supports our customers, community and people. We provide an essential service that promotes the economic development and enhances the lifestyle of regional Queensland.
Our values guide the way we work to achieve our vision:
- Engage: We work together. Always.
- Accountable: We all contribute. Openly.
- Safety & Wellbeing: We look after ourselves. And each other.
- One Team: We deliver. You and I.
GAWB's People Strategy
Employment opportunities at GAWB do arise from time to time. When they do, GAWB recruit staff with our Vision, Mission and Values in mind. Our people strategy is summarised below:
- To attract suitably experienced and qualified people to deliver quality services;
- To retain quality staff over the longer term;
- To promote teamwork and positive thinking;
- To provide meaningful work with the goal of also creating job satisfaction;
- To ensure a safe, professional, & stable work environment;
- To contribute to the motivation of staff and to high levels of performance; and
- To encourage staff to improve and or develop their skills and capabilities so as to improve job performance and to provide opportunities for advancement and promotion.
Every Team member at GAWB understands the important role that our organisation provides to Gladstone and surrounding communities, as an "Essential Services Provider". All new team members are considered on the basis of skills, abilities and attitude. A harmonious, productive work environment is our objective, where every team member has a strong work ethic and understands how they contribute to the success of our organisation and how they add value to GAWB, our customers and to the community.
Thank you for your interest in employment with GAWB.